Monday, January 9, 2012

Happy new year

Alright, well to start I might as well say Happy New Year.  Actually, in honor of the new year, I have decided to do something I have never done before, I am going to write a video-game review.  The video-game I will be reviewing is the latest of the iconic Legend of Zelda series, Skyward Sword.  To start I would like to comment on the presentation.  The Legend of Zelda has been one of the more successful video-game titles Nintendo has created, and although each game roughly follows a similar storyline, this version has followed the same template while bringing up no shortage of creativity.  Although the graphics are slightly cartoonish, it is fitting for the overall clasic feel of the game with new twists.  Next, I would like to move onto the gameplay.  With the Wii motion+, The game practicaly imerses yourself into an actualy challenge.  For example, if surrounded by enemies, you would need to be able to correctly attack with the proper sword slash while in other games it is more of a button-mashing fest.  One thing about this game I dis-liked was the bosses.  Some bosses are made to be almost impossible to defeat unless you have some key information, which is ussually told to you after you die and fight the boss for a second time, which can be pretty frustrating.  All in all, I would say this game throws itself out there as one of the best in the Legend of Zelda series, and I would suggest it for anyone who is a fan of the series, likes video-games, likes puzzling challenges, or for someone with free-time on their hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment