Monday, January 30, 2012

TV vs. Movies

This week's post is about a question I have been thinking about for a while, and tonight I believe I know the answer.  The question, which is currently better, TV shows or movies?  The highlights of what make these two forms of media great is the accessibility, the cost, and the use. To start, the accessibility.  I just watched an hour long show for free in the comfort of my own home, but for a movies, I would need to see show times, plan a trip to the theaters, and pay for food.  Secondly, cost.  A show costs nothing, but a movie is often as pricey as the food sold in theaters.  Finally, the use.  TV shows are opportune for advertising, and allow modern culture to be shown and made, however, movies are pure entertainment that is uninterrupted.  Overall, I believe that although close, TV shows have become more relevant in today's society than movies.  TV is fast, free, and the number of options for shows is theoretically unlimited, movies are great here and there, but there will not always be an amazing movie out in theaters. 

1 comment: